Those looking for a basic, low-cost, and no-frills laptop will want to check out the ASUS VivoBook X541NA-QP2ST-CB. If you have ever tried to use an inexpensive netbook, but did not enjoy peeking into an 11″ screen, you would appreciate this machine – It boasts a 15.6″ screen.
- Comes with a Solid-State Drive: A 256GB SSD is required if you want your cheap laptop to run optimally. Usually it’s the storage speed that will bottleneck your system – This is a great perk.
- Power-saving CPU: The low clock rate of the CPU should result in real-life battery improvement. Since the battery is only 3-cells, the lower clock rate should help the load on the battery.
- 15.6″ screen on netbook hardware make the machine worth purchasing. – For those who get eye-strain on 11″ screens
- A cheap and quick replacement computer for those who need something to use immediately who do not purchase second-hand goods
- CPU has a very low clock rate and less features than regular Core i3, i5 and i7 series chips (Still not a bad thing if you are doing basic office and media tasks)
- Ethernet is 10/100mbps ONLY – (Low bandwidth by today’s standards, but will get your remote desktop sessions connected. Most applications will work very well except during long file transfers)
- WiFi is standard a/g/n. ( Standard WiFi, but best internet performance will be achieved here within close signal range. Data transfers will need to be performed through here if you are in close range to your WiFi router.)
If you are from southern Ontario or west of the GTA looking for computer prices, such as the equipment posted here or all other IT products, send your product requests our way.